We are all moved in (with the exception of a few boxes). The move went very smooth, we hired three excellent day laborers who were incredibly considerate of our new carpet, belongings and walls. Two trips with the truck and we were moved by noon! Our wonderful neighbor Gladelle babysat the girls from the early morning until we returned from the second trip with the truck. I can't imagine having to move with the girls underfoot.
Now that we've been in the house for our third weekend we're still making progress on home improvement. This past week we got the electricity figured out in the upstairs bathrooms and fully repaired the half bath, that's pretty exciting! Today we've been painting the doors for the rooms upstairs as well as starting work on the kitchen. Today we finished up the spackling, prepped the room for painting, and painted the ceiling. Tonight we'll do the final coat on the ceiling. It's funny when we started the ceiling the only thing I could think of was highlighting a book, it was so obvious where I painted. The kitchen DEFINITELY needed the ceiling painted!
Tomorrow we plan to sand the spackle and get the primer on the walls and hopefully one coat of color on in the evening. I'm really excited to see the kitchen all painted, it'll make a huge difference in the house. And having the doors back on the rooms upstairs will be nice. After the kitchen I plan to paint and re-do fixtures in the girl's bathroom. That'll be nice too.
Well back to the house. Sorry no pics, I still don't have internet at home so I can't upload pics...but patience will be rewarded!
No comments:
Post a Comment