As you recently saw I took on the girls' bathroom as my latest renovation project. I had been wanting to do this, so we had one nice looking bathroom. And I really wanted it to be my pet project. I'm pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish and I will admit I called in the assistance of my teammate a couple times, especially for the electrical work.


The bathroom started out looking like this, which in the picture doesn't look nearly as bad as it was (
and let's not forget the hole, which I rocked back to a wall!) The color is an orangey pink and it's really dirty. The trim is a very dingy white? I assume it used to be white at least. I smoothed out some walls with the joint compound, removed the caulk from the top of the tub and fixed the wall there in order to get a better seal done.

The hole where the medicine cabinet used to be closed up pretty well and after 4 coats of joint compound! Which took about 2 days for each coat to dry. The first mirror I bought was pretty stylish but definitely needed the hole closed, but it ended up not working well in the space so I got a regular ol' mirror and in the end I could have just left the hole there (oh well). Here is the final of the hole.

I chose a light shade of lavender for the walls and trim to be all white. I replaced the shower rod with a white rod, and a nicer white towel ring. I still need to paint the closet doors for the washer dryer closet and the linen closet door. So I painted the walls, the trim and the ceiling. Last night we installed the new mirror and the towel ring. We have a bit of work to do to install the new light above the mirror, so I'll post that finished product later on and expand on it's annoyances!
My brother arrives tonight and my goal was to have it done for his arrival. I'm really proud of what I was able to accomplish and I'm loving the finished product. I love the color for a girls bathroom, I think it's sweet and feminine and will grow with them.
Now the last room on the top floor is the master bathroom, and for what we have planned, that's not happening for awhile!
No comments:
Post a Comment