Beyond her hilarious personality Fiona is adjusting to kindergarten. This year at school hasn't gone as smoothly as it did for Lourdes. And I don't like to compare them in a sense that one should be doing what the other did, I know they are different children and I love that, I'm only saying for perspectives sake that it was more of an adjustment for Fiona. Usually Fiona is a bit reserved, and quiet when she starts out at a new place. She'll observe and take in her surroundings, try and figure people out before she interacts. I love this about her, she seems to make good decisions about situations and just being observant is a great trait to have. Unfortunately Fiona was under the impression that if it weren't for kindergarten she and I would be at home together each day. So this school thing was really bumming her out and ruining a good time at home. She was "sick" a bit frequently in the beginning of the year. And sick here is certainly a loose term. The school nurse and I have since had a discussion about Fiona's realization that the nurses office is the wonderful portal home. We are both on the same page that she'll be a frequent flyer there, and that most times it's better to say, "oh I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I think Mommy's in a meeting right now. Go back to class and if you still feel sick later we'll try giving her a call." Amazing how she seemed to be so much healthier after this! But now the year is almost over and she's doing really well. Her latest report card says she's a leader in class, organizing games and making a lot of friends. She has a bit of a chatting problem (hmmm, where does that come from?) but she's learning and advancing. She's finally started reading and now that she can, she's actually getting into it. I think more she's getting into writing but hey, being literate is pretty awesome!
Friday, April 27, 2012
Fiona the Kindergartener
Beyond her hilarious personality Fiona is adjusting to kindergarten. This year at school hasn't gone as smoothly as it did for Lourdes. And I don't like to compare them in a sense that one should be doing what the other did, I know they are different children and I love that, I'm only saying for perspectives sake that it was more of an adjustment for Fiona. Usually Fiona is a bit reserved, and quiet when she starts out at a new place. She'll observe and take in her surroundings, try and figure people out before she interacts. I love this about her, she seems to make good decisions about situations and just being observant is a great trait to have. Unfortunately Fiona was under the impression that if it weren't for kindergarten she and I would be at home together each day. So this school thing was really bumming her out and ruining a good time at home. She was "sick" a bit frequently in the beginning of the year. And sick here is certainly a loose term. The school nurse and I have since had a discussion about Fiona's realization that the nurses office is the wonderful portal home. We are both on the same page that she'll be a frequent flyer there, and that most times it's better to say, "oh I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I think Mommy's in a meeting right now. Go back to class and if you still feel sick later we'll try giving her a call." Amazing how she seemed to be so much healthier after this! But now the year is almost over and she's doing really well. Her latest report card says she's a leader in class, organizing games and making a lot of friends. She has a bit of a chatting problem (hmmm, where does that come from?) but she's learning and advancing. She's finally started reading and now that she can, she's actually getting into it. I think more she's getting into writing but hey, being literate is pretty awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment