Sunday, November 30, 2008

Great Weekend and Holiday Decorations

Can I first say how much I love long weekends with my husband? It's been so great to be a full family for four straight days! We've had a lot of fun and I'm sure Monday will be an adjustment for each of us. Thursday we shared a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with my Aunt Joan and Uncle Tom and cousin Evan. Dinner was super yummy and catching up was even more fun.

On Friday we had a lazy morning and then went to the gym. The girls played in the kids club and Oscar and I had a nice workout. After our workout the girls ate lunch in the car and we decided to try our first car wash experience. We'd talked about it for a few days prior and what was going to happen and how exciting it was. It started off iffy, Fiona had a very frightened face, but we kept up the excitement and eventually she was saying "Hi" to all the machines and laughing. It was very positive and both girls want to go again.


Saturday we had a nice lazy day again but were productive around the house. Oscar was cleaning up a storm and I headed to a friend's Mary Kay Party. When I returned I worked more on the Christmas tree (I was restringing the lights on our pre-lit tree because some had gone out...that's an undertaking!)



Sunday morning we did some family hanging out, and videoing. I worked more on the Christmas tree and getting the decorations ready. When the girls got up from nap time they helped me put all the ornaments on the tree. I was pretty happy with the tree because I was able to go the ball ornament route and the old wooden ornaments I received from my mother. I have many glass bulbs that were also my grandmothers and I've wanted to do a full antique bulb tree. Thanks to a huge sale at Joann's Fabrics I got some nice shatterproof ornaments which blend well with my antiques. Overall it's a beautiful look. I used some of the ornaments that didn't go on the tree to decorate my chandelier...looks interesting (idea inspired by Real Simple).

For the Finishing touch both girls put the star on top of the tree.

1 comment:

redheadedhowler said...

Totally agree about long weekends with family! What a luxury. :)