Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Fourth Birthday Lourdes!

Luli is a big girl and she has a lot of changes she has instituted in our daily lives to confirm this. Two of the big ones are eating with an adult salad fork instead of a kids fork, and drinking from a regular glass cup rather than a kids cup. As she reminds us, she's a big girl now and too old for these kid things!

It's been a lot of celebrating over the past week and I have to say everything went really well and smoothly. We had a lot of fun and are now looking forward to a bit of downtime.

Thursday afternoon Nahnah and Pahpah arrived for the festivities, and were the girls ever glad to see them! Greeting with big screams and hugs. Friday morning Luli got up and ran in our room. She cuddled in bed with me and whispered, "Mommy am I big now?" and of course I answered "yes." Off to school she went with her cupcakes and excitement, she got to wear a crown all day and because it was so nice out they got to play outside on the playground. Saturday was the big party and with 19 kids, and 27ish adults it was a big hit! Two Loudoun County Officers came over to wish Luli a happy birthday and show the kids their cruisers. It was really exciting (and there was snow, so exciting overall). We played lots of games, but I'm most proud of my "pin the badge on the officer" (thank you Katie for the idea!). I love the picture of the pin the badge also because you can see where Fiona put her badge, and this is funny BECAUSE... she had her eyes open!

Sunday Nahnah, Luli and I went to Ikea and it was a lot of fun to have a special big girl outing. And dinner was at Aunt Joan and Uncle Tom's house. We had a great time and Aunt Joan and Uncle Tom played with the girls non-stop. I imagine Uncle Tom's neck is a wee bit sore today after all the running around the house he did with each girl on his neck. But he was rewarded with lots of cuddle time as the girls wound down and got sleepy.

All of the birthday pictures are in the picasa album to the left. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Annie had SO MUCH FUN at the party and she has not stopped talking about sitting in the police car or the hot potato game. Thank you so much for inviting her :)