
This evening we got even more crafty. We read
Lucy's Picture, by Nicola Moon this afternoon. We had gotten it at the library today. Lucy creates a picture during preschool for her grandpa who is visiting, it's a collage with many different textures. At the end we find out Lucy's grandpa is blind so she made the textured picture so he could "see" it. The girls were fascinated with the idea of a collage and given my accumulating pile of unusable scraps we got to work on our own creations. And seriously this held their attention for at least an hour and a half.

I was really impressed with their excitement and ideas. I told them if they wanted any of the fabric cut in certain shapes they could tell me and I'd do the cutting (because safety scissors weren't going to do the trick). Here is the almost final product, pretty cute!
2 comments:
I love this idea! I've got lots of fabric scraps around and we'll have to try it out.
Totally! It was a great way to entertain them, use my scraps that I would have normally thrown out, and practice our creative side. I also got to practice self restraint with my trying to control or as I like to say "guide" their creativity! :)
Post a Comment