The girls are three weeks into their new school year and completely loving school. The hardest part for Fiona is leaving school on the days we drop Luli off (Fiona goes 2 mornings and Luli goes 4). Big development for this week is their new snack boxes, Nahnah bought them mini sized lunch boxes from the craft store which are the perfect size for their snack and juice box. It is really adorable watching them carry the boxes into school.
Fiona does really well at recognizing her name stick on the door and putting it into the attendance bucket. She also has to start each day off with a gigantic hug for each teacher. Then she goes off to her craft of play and I have to go over and snag a good bye kiss. She's also making great friends at school and enjoying their daily trips to the farm.
Luli is doing super in her pre-k class, she goes 4 days a week and wishes she could go 7! She works very hard and has also made great friends with her classmates. There are more boys than girls in her class this year and I'm noticing she's playing more with boys and hanging in there with the rough play. Interesting. The first week of school her teachers chose a child to be the "librarian" for the week, I think the role of that child is to pick out books, put books away, etc. Apparently Luli went up to her teacher and said "I guess you didn't realize how much I love books and that I would be a really good librarian." So she was the librarian on week 2! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment