Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break

We had our Spring Break two weeks ago and we had a great time. Monday was a bit drizzly but other than that the week's weather was beautiful. Oscar's sister and her family were in town at the beginning of the week. Oscar took Monday off and we all met up at the zoo for the morning. The rain wasn't bad at all, just some sprinkles on and off. The best part of the rain was that it scared off all the people and the zoo was pretty quiet. The animals were easy to spot and we actually went into a few places i hadn't been in on my other visits to the zoo, like the invertabrit house!

The kids had a great time running around and being together. It's really nice getting the cousins together so they can have good memories and grow up knowing each other. When we left the zoo we were off to Mama Eisha's for a yummy Mediterranean lunch. Before we left we took some cute pictures of the kids in the Zoo sign.

Other fun Spring Break activities (that I forgot to bring my camera to) were: Tuesday I brought the girls to the school I work at so they could see and know where I am. Yes people do work on Spring Break at schools, most office personnel and all administrators work even when the school has snow days. Another thing I learned on the job! In the afternoon we all had our Dentist appointments. For Fiona it was her first time, and she did great. She actually had to do it all by herself because I was at the same time, very brave gal! On Wednesday we went to our friends house for a playgroup, which was actually a surprise Baby Shower for one of our preschool mommy friends. It was a lot of fun, and so great to get to see all the ladies (and kids) again. Thursday was a big day for Luli, she had her 5 yr well check up which meant her kindergarten shots. She was very good, took the hearing test, vision test and blood pressure. She answered all the doctors questions and then cried for the shots. I have never cried for the girls shots, I've always just felt they were necessary. But I cried this time, it was heartbreaking to hear her begging to stop. But four shots later and a quick hand-off of the present bag from the nurse and tears were gone- well Luli's tears were anyway. Then we were off to lunch with Daddy. Friday we ended the week by going to the movies to see How to Train a Dragon. It was really cute and a fun little adventure for us.

I didn't have any pictures from Spring break, but this pic of the girls laying in my bed together is really adorable, and totally unstaged, this is how they cuddle. And then another in their St. Patrick outfits.

1 comment:

Erin said...

The girls are sooo old! dude. it's like they just grew up over the winter!