I swear she's not old enough, but apparently I'm wrong. Time sure does fly, my first baby is officially registered for Kindergarten! Registration was Wednesday night and we brought both of the girls. Luli has been very excited about registration and could not wait to go. When we walked in the school, I got a fluttery tummy. And, well I won't lie, I teared up. I'm emotional, what can I say! Then we got to the cafeteria where the meeting and registration was taking place. Oh god. All I could envision was my little baby getting her tray of food, and sitting at a big table with her friends and class. Luli and I were holding hands and I felt her getting a little jumpy, then she looked up at me and said "Mommy this is so exciting." Yup, tears again, it was indeed exciting (and yes tears as I type).
First we had to sit through an hour of informational meeting stuff. And if you know my kids, when they are excited, sitting down and listening to an adult they don't know isn't on the top of their list of things to do! But they were well enough behaved. After the info session we had to wait for our number to be called to do registration, and we were number 29. I told Oscar to take the girls home and get them ready for bed and come back to pick me up. That worked out well, and our neighbor (also our babysitter's mom) was the one who did our registration. So it's official, my first born baby is headed to school, whether I'm ready or not, she sure is!
1 comment:
You have full day Kindergarten? I'm impressed by the information session, too. We just got a sheet of paper, registered, and left. Didn't have a clue what was going on until the week before school started...your school sounds much more organized!
Post a Comment