Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Herndon Festival

This past weekend was the Herndon Festival. We went three of the four days and had a great time. What a difference a year makes when it comes to fairs and these girls. Last year we went to FunLand in Rehoboth Beach and Luli totally freaked out about getting on rides, and when it came to fireworks at the fourth of July, Fiona clutched me for dear life and wouldn't even look at them. This year both girls wanted to get on the rides (without an adult) and Fiona loved the fireworks that went up on Thursday and Saturday nights. The fair was a great time with lots of rides, vendors and food. It was a real coming together of the town and a lovely show of cultures. We really enjoyed ourselves and felt much more comfortable here than we ever did in South Riding. We just feel at home here and we're so happy to have made the right decision after many months of looking. We are developing a great routine here and meeting lots of friends. I feel a lot happier here and Oscar and I are loving creating our own home. The girls are thrilled with the new house and new neighborhood. I'm amazed with the ease it takes Luli to make new friends. I have so many more posts about our new life but it's late, so they'll wait.

No comments: