
With the new house and being able to paint the walls and decorate the way we want I really wanted to have the girls' names on the wall. I had scoped out a few letters at the craft store and various other places but nothing seemed right and all were ridiculously priced. Then it dawned on me that I have two very talented men in my family who could work together easily to create the perfect letters. My brother, also known as Uncle Eyes, is an amazing graphic designer who works in advertising. He is regularly creating fonts and he usually knows exactly what I want with very little direction.

And my father, as many readers and friends know, is a very talented wood worker. Combining those talents yielded one of a kind letters for the girls' room and all of us are pleased. Uncle Eyes had a few requirements for their installation and what color they should be, and we followed them because he is the expert. He felt due to their size they should be the same color as the wall and after a visit from him in July we'll see if we're sticking with that or going a few shades lighter for a small amount of contrast with the wall. The girls helped me paint them and they were the first things hung in the new house!

No comments:
Post a Comment