I know we are fast approaching Father's Day but I realized I still haven't posted about my amazing Mother's Day. All the mother's at preschool were invited to a "Mother's Day Tea" at school with our children. I made sure to have Oscar clear his schedule so I could drop Fiona at his work and go to the tea as a special thing for just Luli and I. I'm really glad I did, it was really sweet and quite possibly my favorite Mother's Day moment so far. At the tea, the children performed three songs- I love you (the Barney song), You Are My Sunshine (not a dry eye in the house), and a song the kids wrote about a rainbow in the sky and all the colors shining through them. After the songs Miss Cindy presented each child's mother with a gift the children made, on each it said something they love about their mother and when they think their mother looks most beautiful. Luli's was almost the last one and it was hysterical. Luli does have a tendency to say the most random hilarious things and she sure didn't disappoint! First she said "I love that my Mommy bakes yummy things and her hugs" and then she says "my mommy looks most beautiful when she wears clothes." Seriously everyone started laughing, Miss Cindy said she tried to get Luli to say something different but she was adamant about saying this! HA! I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I'm working on getting some pics from other moms.
No comments:
Post a Comment