Monday, September 7, 2009

Dana's 30th Surprise

One of my closest friends had a big surprise 30th birthday party in Long Island over Labor Day weekend. Her mother and family had been planning it for months and there was no way I was going to miss this day for her. Oscar took the day off of work so I could leave in the morning and have plenty of time if traffic issues arose (which of course they did). I got to Dana's mom's house around 4pm and met some more of Dana's family who were there to get ready, then we were off to pick up the favors and go set up the reception room. The favors were really adorable, they were little Dana baby picture bobble heads on jars of 80s themed candy (the party was 80s themed). We got to work getting all the tables set with snap bracelets, hackey sacks, bouncy balls, My Little Ponies, and fiber optic lights. It was so great.


The guests started arriving and the DJ was setting up and the food was starting to get ready. All we had to do was wait for the birthday girl to arrive. We had all talked to her through out the week and she definitely had no idea what was happening Friday night! I was so nervous I could barely stand it. I got to get a little bit of video of the reveal, but then my battery died and it ended...but you can see the stages of realization on her face. It was priceless.

Dana was really shocked and she had a great night. We danced the night away and then I ended up staying at her place and we stayed up chatting until 3am! It was a blast and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Dana is like a sister to me and I just love her to pieces.

No comments: