Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Day of School!

Summer is officially OVER! How did this happen?! The girls started their first day of school on Monday. Luli is in the pre-k class and Fiona is in the 3 yr old class. The morning started out great, with lots of excitement for the big day. Oscar made a big breakfast with oatmeal, and hot chocolate with cheese and bread. While I got the girls clothes, bags and snacks ready.




After breakfast we got dressed in the dresses they had picked out weeks ago for the big day and their new school shoes (thanks Nahnah and Pahpah). Then it was time for picture taking! You can clearly see the excitement on Luli's face! We did pictures together, pictures separately and a couple in their classrooms. I really can't explain to you how excited and happy they were to go to school. Luli kept explaining to Fiona different things she'd learn at school, songs they'd sing, books they'd read, activities they do, and of course preparing her for the exceptionally loud flushing toilet!


















I was wondering how Fiona would do with her first Mommy free class. She did great, but I kept waiting for her to be a little bit skeptical. Then I was like, really Fiona, come on, don't you want to get just a little bit upset? Nope, she didn't. But I did tear up, it was so great to see my baby be such a big girl and dive right in. Her whole first week went great! On her second day a little girl came up to her so enthusiastically calling her name and gave her a big hug. It was so sweet, I love seeing them make friends. I think it's also a nice comfort knowing Luli is right next door.

Luli also did very well this week. She took right back to school working very hard and doing very hard on all her projects. She's really quite focused in school and does very well. She doesn't really want you to linger in her classroom, almost like you're imposing on "her" time. I get it, and I love it. She's such a smart gal, and I'm just so proud of her.

The teachers are really wonderful for both classes and I know they'll have plenty of love and support while they are away from me. I've been enjoying some me time, going to the gym, cleaning the house, working on homework, and job hunting. Now that school has started our days are much more structured and working like a fine tuned instrument. It's nice to be back on a schedule!

No comments: