The weather in

Virginia has been so beautiful for the past week and weekend. It has continued today and for a few more days we hope. To take advantage of the lovely change (seriously it's like Spring of Fall) we decided to take a day trip to
Charlottesville on Saturday. The trip was about two hours and considering we're potty training I was a bit worried. Half way through Fiona said she had to "
boof" (her word for poo and pee) so we pulled over on the side of the road and put her on the potty we had in the back of the car. She did go!
Woohoo!

I will say right now, there were no accidents all day, but there was an annoying five false alarm trips to the potty while we were eating lunch...ugh.
We got to lovely Charlottesville around 12:30pm and made a wrong turn (my fault). When we realized it, Oscar decided to take a very illegal u-turn in the middle of the road. My comment to that was "maybe you shouldn't have done that in front of that cop." Sure enough, he shouldn't have. The officer was very nice and let us off with a warning. He came up to the car laughing and said "do you have any idea why I've pulled you over?" We all had a good laugh on that one!

Then we were onto the pedestrian area of
Charlottesville, really lovely. Oscar had scoped out a few restaurants online and we checked out two and decided on
Hamiltons on First and Main. It was super yummy. I had the shrimp and grits and Oscar had the crab cake, then we all shared a passion fruit cheesecake and a peach cobbler, both were excellent but I think the cheesecake was a bit better.

After lunch we walked around a lot and checked out the sights. I do know where there are a lot of easily accessible potties in Charlottesville if you ever need! We checked out the Obama headquarters, donated a dollar and got a pin for my bag and a sticker for each of the girls to wear! We were all really excited!
Once we had walked enough we decided to check out
Jefferson's Vineyards and try to take a tour of the vineyard. They were supposed to be going until 6pm, but it was 4:30pm when we got there and no more tours. Oh well. Off to home!
1 comment:
I seriously cannot get over how beautiful they both are. They're getting so big! I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen them...
Post a Comment