Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Susie's Bachellorette Party and Wedding

My cousin Susie and I grew up together, we're the same age and attended k-12 together. On September 6th she got married and we were lucky to join in the celebrations. Thursday prior to the wedding was the bachelorette party. Clearly I am not out late these days of my life, but we were out till 3:30am! It was a lot of fun and seeing some old faces was a good time also. We started out having a dinner party at one of the bridesmaid's houses, we also went k-12 together. Then a limo picked us all up and we headed to Saratoga for some bar hopping. The track finished the week prior so the bar scene was a wee bit empty, but we had a great time anyway. I also took the opportunity to add to my sewing creations and made a cute corduroy clutch to match my outfit for the evening. I made it on my mom's machine which is all computerized, I made her put the pedal on it, but I'm definitely partial to my 1976 machine! I forgot my lil' camera for the party but I did take a pic of my purse...It matches because I wore chocolate pants and a turquoise top. I made a few errors in it, but overall I'm happy with it. I made it from the Bend the Rules book again. The only thing I'd really change is to make it longer/wider, but it fit my wallet and cell phone fine.


Oh right...back to the wedding, Susie and Brendan got married at Echo Lake Lodge, which was really beautiful. Unfortunately it rained so we didn't get to enjoy the grounds as much as we'd like but the ceremony and reception were a lot of fun. I caught up with all my cousins (well almost all, there are a lot). I hadn't seen my cousin Megan in a long time and it was great to play wingman with her. Susie and Brendan are a very loving couple. It was beautiful to watch Brendan's face during the ceremony, he couldn't stop looking at Susie and he obviously adores her. She deserves so much happiness, I wish them all the best!


The day after the wedding my cousin Matt (Susie's brother), his wife Julie and their baby Mattie came over to visit and play with the girls. Mattie is 18 mths old and this was the first time we'd met her, so we had to take the opportunity to get these gals together. They were very cute.

No comments: