Along with being a teacher now I finally get to attend the Smithsonian's Educator's Night! I have been wanting to attend forever, and finally I could. And not only was I excited about this in general but this year it was held at the National History Museum...oh god! So if you don't know about this event, it is for educators only (except apparently 19 yr old nursing students who crash it, act like idiots and sit on me...seriously, literally sat on me!) Ok anyway... The Smithsonian is closed, except to those registered educators, I really thought it was going to be a limited number but it was pretty darn crowed. They give away lots of free education stuff (score!) and it's catered ...food and bars on each floor...FREE (score!) --Side note: seriously people do you really need to get drunk and act like an ass here? ---ok --Outside of the catered food and bars the exhibits are totally open, and lots of docents eager to talk about each exhibit. These areas were considerably less crowded and very enjoyable to peruse. I took my brother to this museum years ago before it was renovated and it was a horrible layout...much better now!
I went downtown with the librarians from my school and met up with one of my co-teachers and her mom. It was a good time and a lot of fun to do something different for the evening. I miss going into DC all the time! Kids and the burbs, they change things! Anyway I think my Dad would totally love this, so I'm going to register him as a retired teacher next year...hey, if 19 year old nursing students can crash it for the free food and bar, I can get my history loving father in (who by the way went to college to be a teacher, so he has a lot more right than those girls, and I'm positive he wouldn't sit on anyone!)
No comments:
Post a Comment