Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sky Meadows

It is a definite, Sky Meadows is our favorite park. Gosh that place is so gorgeous! We went a couple weekends ago and had a lovely time. The weather was beautiful, they were having "war of 1812" demonstrations and the girls did great on the hike. The demonstrations were really interesting, but even more so because I'm reading the Little House on the Prairie series with the girls and the houses there were very similar to the house the Pa just built in the book. It was great for Luli to see it, and see the fireplace in action cooking a meal, seeing the people dressed, and what life was like. She loved it.

We did our usual hike there and the girls hiked the entire way...almost 3 miles. They did wonderful, no complaining, and no carrying.

I love that picture of Oscar and the girls. He's a wonderful father and I think this picture is a perfect representation of that.

No comments: