
Well Annie's party was 2 weeks ago, but I'm getting around to the post now! It was a spectacular birthday party, and Luli had so much fun. The party was at the
Conservatory Ballet. All the girls got to dress up in princess dresses, and Annie wore a special birthday girl princess dress. And the boys dressed as knights in capes. There was an adorable room painted like an enchanted forest with tables that had tablecloths and cloth napkins for all the kids. The birthday girl had her own special chair and table! The kids had a fun ballet class followed by pizza and cake in the enchanted forest room, then back for more dancing.

Luli had a great time learning some ballet moves, acting like a princess and playing with all her school friends.
For the present I hit up the sewing machine and made Annie a skirt with matching hair ties. The skirt material is nursery rhyme themed, with humpty dumpty, little boy blue, etc. on it. I fell in love with this material when I saw my friend Kathy had made her daughter's the same skirt from it, and then my craft store actually had the same material! I'm pretty happy with how the skirt came out, and the hair ties came out nice for my first time making them! I hope Annie enjoys them.

2 comments:
Beautiful skirt!!
you are really quite good at this sewing thing...i'm still trying to figure out how to sew a curtain hem...straight lines are rather difficult...and how do you measure to ensure the hem is even all the way across? I don't get it...so I am very impressed with your quick to bud skills.
Erin
Post a Comment