Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The girls in New York and Jenn alone at home!

This past weekend I experienced some things I haven't experienced in over four years, namely being alone! Oscar took the weekend to visit his parents with the girls and I stayed home for a job fair, some school work, cleaning and packing. I easily could have sat in front of the TV, well the old Jenn could have, now I get antsy sitting around and need something productive to do. While the girls and husband were off I wrote a paper (and several drafts of it), did a final project (which isn't due until the end of April), did some research for another project, cleaned my kitchen with bleach (because I can't use bleach when the kids are around) and generally got the house ready to be seen by Realtors and potential renters. I listened to a little music during the day but for the most part just enjoyed the sweet sweet sounds of quiet. The funny thing is that Saturday night I woke up several times thinking I heard one of the girls cry out, maybe they were in NY and I'm just that in tune with my kids (ha! or maybe).

Oh I guess you'd want to know what the girls and husband did. Oscar left right after gymnastics and arrived in NY in the afternoon. Fiona spiked a fever upon arrival and was a bit cranky for the rest of the evening. The next morning found them all feeling a bit better and ready to get their walk on in the garden. The girls love walking through Abuelita's giant garden, putting out corn for the deer, trying to spot some wildlife, and looking for other nature trinkets. Of course there was also the eating to partake in, Abuelita is always cooking when we're there and she makes some of the tastiest comforting food. I was definitely jealous! They returned late Sunday night with another feverish Fiona, who's still congested but mending.

If you know anyone interested in renting my house email me and I'll send you the listing. As you can imagine I'm not putting my address out there for the world to see.

No comments: