Friday, March 6, 2009

Beautiful Day at the Farm

Fiona and I had our own little field trip today. Yesterday we were early picking up Luli and because it was nice out we decided to take a stroll around the farm, even though it was really muddy and Fiona insisted on her maryjane's that morning. There are a ton a baby animals on the farm and Fiona was loving it. She was far more excited about the animals than Luli ever was. It was hard to tear her away yesterday so I promised we'd come back today with our galoshes and have more fun with the animals. And fun we had! It was so much fun to tour the farm and see her reaction to all the babies. She would say "awww baby, Hi BABY!" and "awww Mama, Hi Mama." She did get mad that the animals wouldn't say hi back and I tried to explain that they spoke a different language and just may not understand her. Her favorite was definitely the Big Mama Pig and all her babies. She told me the wolf (lobo in Spanish) couldn't blow down the pigs barn, and she seemed pretty happy about that. Then she told the pigs the story of the "Three Little Pigs." Her version goes something like this-- "pig little pig" "not hair my chinny chin chin." We toured all the animals and did return to the pigs just to see them once more, and say good bye. Time for the obligatory tractor picture! Finally off to the playground where we found a few people we knew :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I love how Fiona grabs the camera to direct you towards the end! Also, next time I come down, will you take me to the petting zoo? :)