Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advent Calendar

It has been a long time since I've posted any of my crafty/sewing projects. I have several that need to be posted, but here is my latest and I'm in love with it. I think Oscar needs to show more excitement about it, then again I should realize after 8.5 years that he doesn't get as excited about these things as I do. Anyway, I've been wanting a unique advent calendar that I could make and use year after year. Finally Grosgrain posted a link to a fabulous, very easy, design. I started it late, around December 5th. I started with the 6th and worked forward to the 25th and then did the 1st-4th. The packets are the perfect size for two Hershey kisses. I changed the last packet, 25th, from numbers to an embroidered Christmas tree, which came out really nicely. I love how it looks on the brick fireplace.

1 comment:

Erin said...

yeah, why is that? (husbands not getting as excited as we do)...if I want Dan to show enthusiasm for something, it has to be huge!...glad to hear i'm not alone in this... :)