Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving at home and visited my Aunt and Uncle for dinner. The week was full of festivities and the girls were surprisingly excited about Thanksgiving. Not that Thanksgiving isn't exciting I was just surprised by the sheer amount of excitement for this holiday. Luli had a Thanksgiving Feast at school which Fiona and I attended. Each of the kids had made smocks, and feather headdress, just like they had last year, and developed their "Indian" names. Luli was Princess Kind Heart, if you remember last year Luli was Princess Sunshine. I think both are equally appropriate names for my gal. Here is a picture of Luli and none other than Donovan!


Luli and Fiona also made several pictures for Aunt Joan and Uncle Tom, and Luli made a turkey purse for the big day. She told me "Mommy this will be the best Thanksgiving ever because of this purse." HA! Wednesday she announced she'd like to say hello to the turkey and ask him how he's doing before we ate him. I passed that responsibility off to Aunt Joan, let her explain how the turkey isn't quite able to answer because of it's current not so living, defeathered state! I would have loved to known his answer to how he's doing, my guess- not so terrific!

Thanksgiving evening was a lovely time. Family friends Ben, Kerry and Jack stayed for dinner and Susan and Ellen stopped by for drinks. It was great to see everyone and the girls loved having Jack there to play with. We stayed way too late for the girls but it was a nice evening and I had no idea it was so late. I meant to take many photographs of the evening but it just didn't happen. So these pictures are from Luli's school feast.

No comments: