Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello! Buenos Aires

Here we are! My first thoughts were, Argentina is not like other Latin American countries I've visited. This city is much more put together, much more cosmopolitan. The city seems very European, hints of Spain...but the people are much more South American. Everyone we've met has been lovely. Oscar is working, getting back to the hotel around 8pm each night. We arrived on Tuesday morning after 24 hrs of travel (my parents house to Newark, Newark to Houston, Houston to Buenos Aires.


While Oscar is working I'm walking all over the city. I've seen Plaza de Mayo, La Casa Rosada, several Basilica, one had a nativity display with nativities from around the world. My favorite was the one from Malawi it was carved Ebony and just gorgeous. They were all beautiful and I'm glad I stumbled upon the Basilica and Museum. I spent some time in Plaza San Martin and watched the changing of the flags, I've been shopping on Avenida Florida (woohoo!), and my list of to-do's is slowly being checked off. Oscar is done with work this afternoon, so it'll be nice to finally get him out there and seeing this city. It's really beautiful.

Walking to Oscar's office this afternoon and shopping on Avenida Florida was so much more lively given the holiday. Lots of Tango dancers, street performers, people selling trinkets. I love it!

I forgot my memory card reader so you'll see pics when I get home!

1 comment:

The Gittelman family said...

Glad to hear you're having fun! I considered Buenos Aires for our anniversary trip next month, but reviews I read said it would be really hot and many people leave the city for cooler climes. Is it hot there right now?