I had trouble sleeping last night, all that anticipation and excitement for possibly my first day of work. But I did sleep a bit here and there. I'm perfectly aware of when it turned 5:45am though, and hadn't received a call yet. So I figured I probably wasn't getting one. Then I fell asleep pretty well. The phone did ring though! WOOHOO! Oscar said "that's for yooooouuuu." He's very supportive.
I checked the clock, 7:51am! ugh, a little late I think. It was a high school biology position (and if any of you went to school with me you KNOW science and math are not my thing!) at a high school that was going to take me at least 40 min to get to, add on time for getting dressed, getting some food together and just getting out the door. Start time was 7am (yes I got called at 7:51a not a typo). When this happens you have 30 min from call to start and if you can't get there you should not accept the job. So I had to decline it. Kind of a bummer to my start. But I would have been so frantic trying to get there and stressed out that it would have been horrible.
We'll see how the rest of the week goes, not subbing tomorrow - got something going on which I may discuss at a later date - but I'm hoping for something this week! Fingers crossed, wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment