
As you are probably aware
Luli was without hair for a very longtime! Finally at about age two it seemed to start growing very very slowly. Over the years I have trimmed a little here, a little there in an effort to make it even. I decided last month it might be time to give her a good
ol' cut and try to thicken it up. The top half seemed to be thick, while the bottom half seemed a bit thin and wispy. She seemed really excited about the idea when I talked to her about it. But I'm not sure if the excitement was for the haircut or the inevitable lollipop that would follow.
Luli woke up around 6:45am and was crazy excited all morning (our appts weren't until 11am!). But she was so helpful, she swept the floor, she helped load the dishwasher, cleaned the playroom! Then it was time for some Luli and Mommy time, which frankly we don't get a lot of. We went to the salon for our appointments and Luli chose for me to go first. So she sat on my lap while I got my hair washed, sat next to me while I got my trim (not harvest time yet) and got antsy while I got my blow dry (which takes more time than the actual cut, seriously like double the amount of time). Then it was her turn!

I decided she should have the whole experience which includes the wash, cut, and blow dry. Connie got her a booster, lifted her chair and still had to put a stack of towels under her bum so she could get her head in the sink comfortably. It was really adorable.
Luli loved it, her face was pure relaxation and enjoyment. Connie was really great with her, asking her if the water was
ok.
Luli told her it was a little hot, and then just perfect. She got a nice soapy shampoo and then conditioned. And of course she got all wrapped up in a towel!

Off to Connie's station and
Luli got her special cape and enjoyed the chair being pumped up taller. Then it was time to start the cut. Connie clipped up half of her hair, which I didn't realize how much
Luli liked until she was telling her Daddy about it later. Connie took 6 inches off, and I saved pretty much all of it. It was sad for me, we've worked so hard for that hair! But it was priceless to have this experience with her and to see how excited she was. (as you can see in Connie's face she can tell I'm having a bit of a hard time).

The cut came out beautiful and it already seems much thicker and healthier. One of the ladies remarked at how much more strawberry
blond you could see in it. Once I told
Luli that meant some red, she was to the moon!
Luli always wants red hair like mommy, and sometimes gets sad about being a
Blondie (imagine!).
Luli loves her new-do (as my Nana would say) and tells everyone that she just had her first real haircut! Definitely a memory we'll both have forever, and that's something!
1 comment:
Great photos! Great memories! Luli is beautiful!
Post a Comment