Monday, July 7, 2008
Learning to Swim
Today was the first swi
m lesson for both girls, well it was supposed to be. The pool has an independent company teaching lessons there. In order to register you had to do it online and they gave no confirmation. I was a bit annoyed and intrigued to see if in fact we'd really be on a roster. Luli was signed up for the Preschool I class, so she'd take it on her own and Fiona was signed up for the Toddler class that is a parent assisted class. Well apparently no one else signed up for the Toddler class so they just put Fiona in the same class as Luli. She's definitely not ready for that. Luli had her class and Fiona and I went into the kiddie pool to play. Luli had a bit of a freak out with learning to get into the pool on her own and ran to me. I let her cry and then told her, "Luli you have to sit with your class and do as your teacher says, Mommy is going to leave with Fiona now." I knew if I stayed within sight she'd continue to freak out and run to me. From the kiddie pool I could safely watch her (and Fiona, obviously) but Luli couldn't see me. She was definitely scared but she did OK. We go back tomorrow, so we'll see if there is some improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment