Thursday, July 24, 2008

My First Sewing Project


My friend Molly has inspired me to get my sewing machine working more often than the necessary taking in of Luli's pants. She suggested a helpful book Bend The Rules Sewing, By Amy Karol. I have really enjoyed the book because it's rather easy to follow for beginners and has really cute projects. At first I wanted to do one of the kid projects but then I thought, I'd really like to make something for myself first. While it's not going to be sold in stores, I'm pretty darn proud of it for my first project. I went with the "charming handbag," I did 'bend' the rules a wee bit by using a pink thread on my brown lining, I thought it would add an element of fun. I really like it, but you can see my stitch veering here and there a couple times. Oh well! Like I said I'm really proud of it and can't wait to start using it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! This makes me want to learn to sew...

Dana said...

Wow Jenn! I am very impressed, and inspired to make something like that of my own! Maybe it will inspire me to try to knit something other then a scarf :)

Josefiak Life said...

Love it!! It makes me inspired too.

The Santiago Four said...

Thanks! I'm using it everywhere. I'm dying for someone to ask me where I got it, so far it hasn't happened so perhaps it's not as awesome as I think :)!