I'm trying to catch up on the bloggering, so I'm combining a few different things into one post...enjoy!
These are my blueberry muffins, as adapted from the Lemon Raspberry Streusel recipe from Virginia's Bed and Breakfasts Cookbook. They're soooooo good, and actually there is no butter, and I made them 100% whole wheat! Super yummy and I figure they're relatively healthy!
And that brings me to my cooking...I've been in love with baby bok choy lately! And for some reason my crummy grocery store will only carry regular bok choy. Oscar found this huge bag of baby bok choy at the Asian supermarket for really cheap and they were beautiful! I steamed them and spooned over a soy, ginger, balsamic vinegar sauce. YUM!
I've been baking a lot, Oscar says we're eating too many baked goods. I ask, is there such a problem as eating too many home baked goods? I'm using whole wheat flour, who cares if there are stickS! of butter, it's whole wheat! That's got to be healthy!
Then there was the marathon of baking I did for gifts to give to Oscar's co-workers last Thursday. I made three kinds of cookies whole wheat pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, lemon glazed cookies, and raspberry pinwheels. I had the pumpkin choc chip recipe for a long time and have made it several times,
this time I made 100% whole wheat and bumped up the spices, they came out great! I got the lemon glazed cookies and raspberry pinwheels recipes from the December issue of Real Simple. The lemon glazed cookies came out so excellent, they'll be made again. I made them all regular flour, why not? But perhaps my butter wasn't room temp enough because they didn't roll into a "log" quite like they should have, and thus some were more crumbly then they were supposed to be. The Raspberry Pinwheels were really easy (except all the chilling and starting them at 9:30pm) I made them 25% whole wheat, I was worried more whole wheat would make them difficult to roll. Anyway they came out super also. Apparently everyone at work liked them, because most didn't waste anytime eating all of the cookies I gave them before they left for the day! I also made mini loaves of zucchini bread and banana bread (100% whole wheat).
Lastly, Crafting! Both of Luli's "newspapers" as
she calls them, ("Chirp" and "High Five") had recipes for making scented ornaments. 1 cup applesauce to 1.5 cups Cinnamon. They were really easy for both girls to make and are lovely smelling. Though I will say while they are drying (3 days worth of drying) the scent is a bit much. A certain someone has a sensitive nose for these things and banished the tray to the lower level bathroom with the door closed! Now that they are finished they are much more mellow, and I think our family will love them.
1 comment:
Yummy! When you have time can you send me the blueberry muffin recipe - I usually get the mix (and that tastes great too) but I would love to make them from scratch :)
Post a Comment