
This is our latest view of the snowgirl measuring stick. We've gained maybe an inch and a half to two inches so far. Though it seems like it's snowing more than that. The snow JUST started sticking to the roads, so I'm happy we are all home. Oscar got home from work around 1:30 and stopped off at the store for a few things, but came home without the eggs I needed to make my cake (and so we can have eggs to eat) so he had to go back out and get them. But now we're ready to ride the storm out. Hmmm, maybe I should locate the flashlights and some candles though.

In cooking news, the sauce is coming along lovely. Needs to simmer until late tonight but it smells wonderful. The split pea soup came out great and I had it for lunch, Fiona loved it as well, and surprisingly Luli tried it and said it was yummy (her face said something else though). The almond cake is in the oven and starting to make the house smell delicious. For some reason it always seems to be more fragrant upstairs, is it that way for anyone else?
Stay tuned for more snow pics and cake pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment