Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocalypse

I'm not really sure what they've named this snow storm, but it's a biggy for sure! I prepared early in the week and hit the grocery store on Wednesday (our previous snow day from school/work) and stocked up to get some serious cooking done. I really want the freezer stocked for those days when I get home from work and have no desire to work (hmm, that could be every day).

Anywho, in typical VA style schools closed for today as of 4pm yesterday afternoon. Oscar's work decided to let out at noon today and everyone seems to be in a state of panic. I heard all shovels were sold out Thursday morning, and bread shelves were bare at the stores. I can't really blame people this time, we are predicted to get a MINIMUM of 18 inches, they are guessing it will be more like 24-30 inches! Seriously 30 inches! The news stated we should have enough supplies for 5 days. The wa
y Oscar eats, we couldn't house supplies for 5 days!

The snow was predicted to start at 10am, and as if on schedule it started at precisely 9:51am, it's 11:25 right now and it's snowing. The snowgirl measuring stick Fiona made at school last week, just in time! Should be fun to see how long it takes to watch it disappear in the snow!

Here is the beginning stages of my PopPop's sauce that I just started, it'll be cooking all day along with a variety of other things I'm excited to makCheck back regularly for updates on the snow and inch totals as we go...oh and food updates.
I'll also be working on some blog updates, so check for those!


No comments: