Subbing proved to be very unsatisfactory. I received one phone call, that one that came at 7:51 for biology. I did have a very good interview for an English Language Learner position, I went through two rounds of interviews and was their second choice for the position. I asked the principal for feedback on my interview and she had really positive comments, basically it came down to my ESL license not being complete yet and the other candidate was.
During this process I had contacted the Asst. Principal at the middle school I had done my internship at. She's one of my reference letters and has always been very supportive. When I sent her an email giving her a heads up that someone may be calling for a reference check, she emailed right back for me to call her. I did, and she offered me a clerical position at their school, the idea being that hopefully a position would open there that I could move into, or at the very least I'd have a more consistent job until I found a permanent teaching position. In the end I did take the clerical position and I think it's the right thing. The school where I interviewed at is undergoing a lot of changes and made me a bit nervous. Whereas this school that I'm working at now has a very confident, comfortable administration.
So it has been my first week at work, and it's been unusual. The work is easy and definitely not stressful. They are very flexible if I need to take time to take care of the girls, etc. The unusual part is the Monday was a teacher work day, so I didn't work. Tuesday was my first day, Wednesday was a snow day, Thursday I worked, and today is the blizzard of the century - so who knows when I'll work again.
The girls seem to be adjusting well, they love going to where they are being cared for. And we're really happy with the situation. Though this morning Fiona made two pictures 1. a picture of Princess Lourdes and Princess Fiona and 2. "This is a picture of mommy at work, she's not with the princesses" hmmm, at least she was chipper telling me about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment