Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Snow? Really!

For some reason Mother Nature is pounding us with snow this winter, well not just this winter, this week! We got the 30 inches from Friday- Saturday and the area has still not recovered from that. Many are still without power from that storm, and the roads are certainly not clear --though this is no worry for the Forrester. Last night we started yet another blizzard, this one with high powered winds which make for some worry about whether we'll remain lucky to keep our power as we did with the last blizzard. (who gets more than one blizzard in one week?)

The snow started really lightly last night with a mix of sleet (delightful) which kind of made us feel like this storm wouldn't be so bad after all (calling for 16 inches). But we woke up this morning to a pure white view out the window, not because everything was covered in snow but because it's total whiteout. At times you can't see the house across the street or next door. The wind is crazy and Luli is begging to go outside. I haven't taken any pics yet of today, but I will. If you're wondering what it looks like though, just look at a piece of printer paper, or a white wall...that's pretty much it.

In our food news, we have continued to cook and eat well...Oscar's complaining of some gained weight. I made banana bread last night, and Oscar and I made a plato typico Honduran breakfast (pics to come on both) this morning. No one is going hungry over here. And that almond cake which I had good intentions of pawning half off on some neighbors, has been ingested in full by the Santiagos (with complaints about how much cake we're eating as he forks in another bite).

No comments: