
A few weeks ago we had our very first "real" tea party. I'm not sure why we haven't had one sooner, we've had pretend but this one was the real deal. The girls enjoy drinking chamomile tea and one day asked for some around lunch time. I just happened to think, hey let's have a tea party for lunch (gimmicks also help more food to be eaten!). I brewed some tea, made turkey and cheese sandwiches and PB&J sandwiches. I cut the sandos up small, along with some slices of cucumbers, grapes, and carrot sticks, then arranged them nicely on a plate. For desert I cut up two of our
Alfajores from Argentina, one traditional white and one chocolate, and then assembled on another serving dish for after the sando eating. To m

ake the event even nicer I pulled out our
cortadito china cups from Miami to serve the tea in. They were the perfect size for little hands (and luckily no breakage).
This was Oscar's first tea party ever! He's now officially a father of girls (well maybe that also happened when he donned some clip-on earrings, necklaces and tiaras). The whole thing was a lot of fun, we had the party at the girls table in the playroom and we ate all of the lunch, and of course all of the dessert. It was a wonderful time to spend as a family and just laugh and enjoy. I can see many more tea parties in our future. The one I'm most excited for is having
tea at the Mayflower Hotel!
The girls were in cha

rge of clearing off the table and setting it with napkins. They did a great job and even washed the table with a washcloth. Luli's finishing touch, which you can see in each of the photos, is the "flower" in a vase - which is actually their play coffee pot. But I loved how she curled up the bottom so it fit perfectly, and was just the right touch for our tea party table.
No comments:
Post a Comment