On her birthday we had planned to have cake and sing just the four of us, but that's a lot of cake for us to eat. Lourdes had the lovely idea of inviting our neighbors over, they have 9 year old twin boys and the four of these kids play so nicely together, even though they have a huge age difference. I think the boys like 'teaching' the girls things and feeling older and more responsible. It's cute to watch. It was great to have neighbors over in the house, our first time having neighbors over! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the cake I made, it was RIDICULOUS! It's called a chocolate blackout cake, and I got the recipe after seeing it made on America's Test Kitchen. Lourdes wanted a chocolate cake with raspberry filling, so I adapted the recipe to include the raspberry filling. The best part of the cake is that the flavor is so nice, the frosting is a chocolate pudding and then a layer of cake is crumbled (the girl's job) and then spread around the pudding. Oh my god, it was SOOOO GOOD! So this pic of the girls crumbling is the only picture I have of this lovely cake.
The party morning we knew it was supposed to snow about 4-6 inches, and we were hoping it would hold off until at least noon so we could have the party with all of her friends. The snow however, had other plans, it started around 10am and was pretty heavy. But luckily all of our friends were able to make it and we had a great time. There is an album of the party to the left of the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment